Currently available items:
Mel's Angels logo design by Phileen Dickinson.
- July 23, 2004
- The season is now over, and the Angels finished just short of their
third championship in a row as they lost 1-1
(3-5 on penalties) to Blue Steel in the finals last night.
- Congratulations on the great season to everyone. It was a good, fun
time for all involved.
- July 20, 2004
- Some pictures, including a couple of team pictures
are now online from the second QEDEC game on July
- Also, the Angels are headed to the finals against Blue Steel this Thursday
at 7pm thanks to their 3-1 victory over the
Walter Light Dragons last night.
- July 15, 2004
- The playoff seeds are set. We will be playing the Walter Light Dragons.
We played them previously on May 11 and
again on June 20. The other semi-final
features Blue Steel at home to the Meds team. The winner of our semi-final
will play the winner of that semi-final on Thursday, July 22 at 7:00pm.
- July 12, 2004
- The end of the regular season comes to an end, with a
9-0-1 undefeated record for the Angels. The
playoffs are just ahead, with the Angels vying for their third championship
in a row. The match report for yesterday's 4-1
victory over Chem Grads is now online.
- July 9, 2004
- Mel's Angels have clinched first place in the Grad League 2004 regular
season. As such, the playoff schedule is now
online. Please excuse all of the TBD markers, as the playoff teams
and dates have not all been set as yet.
- The Angels clinched top spot with a 1-0
victory over QEDEC last night.
- June 29, 2004
- The match report from Sunday's 3-0 victory
over QEDEC is now online. The Thursday match
report from the 5-0 victory over the Great Gudinas is also online.
Finally, all stats have been updated to suit.
- June 21, 2004
- The match reports from both the June 17th
1-1 draw with Sporting Baldmen and the June
20th 6-0 victory against the Walter Light Dragons are both online, with
all of the relevant statistics (etc) updated to suit.
- June 13, 2004
- The match report from the June 10th 5-2
win against Blue Steel is finally online. Apologies for the delay.
- June 9, 2004
- Thanks to Corey, we have a new photo gallery online.
It features photos from the Biohazard game from
- June 4, 2004
- With a bleacherful of subs and spectators, Mel's Angels beat the Meds
team by a final score of 3-1. The match summary
has been posted.
- May 28, 2004
- A new photo gallery is online. It's pretty small
and features a couple of photographs from our pre-season practice.
- May 27, 2004
- We've got a practice at McCullough
Park tonight at 7:30pm. Hope to see you there.
- May 21, 2004
- After a wet evening, Mel's Angels pulled out a 1-0 victory over the
Biohazards team. As usual, the match summary
has been posted.
- We're going to have a practice at McCullough
Park next Thursday night (May 27th) at 7pm. Please let Corey know if you
can't make it.
- We're looking into going to the second Canada/Belize World Cup Qualifier
at Richardson Stadium on Wednesday, June 16th at 7pm as a team if possible.
The tickets would be $5 each. Let Alex know if you're interested in attending.
- May 12, 2004
- The first game of our new season was a success. A good chunk of time
to get our feet under us, but we pulled out a 2-0 victory in the end.
The match summary has now been posted.
- April 29, 2004
- The new team roster is now online, complete with a biography of one of
the new players and a couple of the older ones. Remember, if you have any
bio information on anyone on the team, please send it along.
- April 22, 2004
- Sebi has booked half of the North Field
for a practice on the evening of Monday, May 3. Try to be there by 5:30pm
if you can. Again, shirts will be available if you've paid your fees.
- April 22, 2004
- Our first game has been set. We will be playing on the evening of Tuesday,
May 11 at the North Field (where we will play
almost all of our games this year) at 5:30pm against the Walter Light Dragons.
- April 21, 2004
- We're going to have a practice/get-together this Saturday (April 24)
at Cricket Field -- in front of the courthouse -- diagonally across from the
Grad Club. Shirts will be
available at that time if you've paid your fees.
- April 15, 2004
- The 2004 shirts are available now. The cost is $25 for each shirt
and $10 for the registration fee. Please get the money to Alex ASAP.
- April 10, 2004
- As many of you may know, we are being sponsored in part by the
Grad Club this year. They are
offering us a food and drink combo deal on match nights. On the
team's match night, they will provide 1/2 price food (valid for the entire
menu until 10pm and then on bar food following this) with the purchase of
In addition to the Grad Club sponsoring us, we also got a good deal on
jerseys from the Jogger's/Adidas Retail Outlet located in the RioCan centre
off Gardiners Road. Please take the time to be a patron there if you can.
- January 22, 2004
- Did some reorganizing of the Summer 2003 results to move them into
their own archive directory, as we prepare for
the summer 2004 season.